As the crypto industry continues to evolve, KuCoin noticed a growing demand for better management of multiple exchange accounts. KuCoin allows you to create up to 100 Sub-Accounts under one Master Account to improve the efficiency of account management.
This article outlines how to create a Sub-Account and explain how they differ from your Master Account.
1. How to Create a Sub-Account
1. Go to KuCoin.com and click Account Overview > Sub-Account on the header.
2. Click Create Sub-Account, fill in the name, password, and remarks (optional) to proceed. The name of the sub-account must be unique and cannot be modified once created.
2. Sub-Account Functionality
In general, Sub-Accounts CAN do the same things as the Master Account, including:
- Transfer of funds
- Binding of phone or email
- Configuration of security settings such as Google 2FA and trading password
- Creation of APIs (10 per sub-account)
- Trading in the KuCoin Spot, Margin, or Futures market
However, there are also a few things a Sub-Account CANNOT do, including:
- Withdrawal of funds. You must transfer funds to the Master Account to make a withdrawal
- Participate in most events and campaigns on KuCoin as specified in the activity rules
3. The Relationship Between the Master and Sub-Accounts
1. Sub-Account Creation
You can only create a Sub-Account under a Master Account. Each Master Account can create up to 100 Sub-Accounts.
2. KYC & Trading Fee Tier
The Master Account and all Sub-Accounts share the same KYC level and trading fee tier. This means that you do not need to submit KYC Verification again if the Master Account has already done so. All the trading volume and trading fees will be accumulated in the Master Account.
3. Security Settings
The Master Account has the right to freeze & unfreeze all Sub-Accounts and change security settings such as the password, trading password, and Google 2FA.
Happy trading on KuCoin!