1. Margin Trade: You’re available to make a margin trade without borrowing funds manually within one step in this area.
2. Orders: Easy to check open orders, stop orders, order history, and trade history.
3. Assets: Showing the balance of the current trade pair in Main/Trading/Margin account. Furthermore, in this area, you can easy to complete borrow/repay/transfer funds.
4. Market: Margin trade has also offered a candlestick chart, market chart as well as the recent trade list and order book on the trading interface to display the market changes for you in full dimension.
Four steps to Margin Trade:
1. Log In & Sign Up
1.1 Log In: If you've already had a KuCoin account, you can log in directly to start the Futures trading.
1.3 For the safety of users' information and assets, make sure to set trading password and agree to enable Margin Trade.
2. Transfer funds
If you’ve already had tokens on KuCoin, click “Transfer” and transfer your tokens from Main/Trading account to your KuCoin Margin account to start your Margin trade.
3. Margin Trade
With Auto-Borrow function enabled, once the balance is insufficient, the system will borrow funds automatically with the most efficient rate from the market when you place a Margin trade order. Furthermore, you can check the max amount for borrowing and the max amount for trading by clicking the token name beside the transfer button before Margin trade order placing.
3.2 Borrow Manually
With Auto-Borrow function disabled, you need to borrow the funds manually on the Borrow page before order placing by Click Trade—Margin—Borrow/More—Borrow and Select the coins and fill the Interest Rate, Amount, Terms to borrow the coin.
3.3 Place orders
To place an order on KuCoin Margin Trade, please select the order type and enter your order quantity.
3.3.1 Order Type
Margin Trade supports three types of orders currently: a) limit order, b) market order and c) stop order.
Limit Order: A limit order is to use a pre-specified price to buy or sell the product, you can enter the order price and quantity and click “Buy” or “Sell” to place a limit order;
Market Order: A market order is an order to buy or sell the product at the best available price in the current market, you can enter the order quantity and click “Buy” or “Sell” to place a market order;
Stop Order: A stop order is an order which will be triggered when the given price reaches the pre-specified stop price, you can select trigger type and set stop price, order price and order quantity to place a stop order.
3.3.2 Advanced Settings
Margin Trade offers advanced settings including “Post Only”, “Hidden” and Time in Force policies such as GTC, IOC, etc. for orders. Please note that the advanced settings are only available for limit or stop orders.
1. When borrowing assets to buy other assets, you will get a profit if the price of the purchased currency rises;
2. Selling borrowed assets to short that token, you will get a profit if the price of the currency decrease but you've sold at a higher price.
With Auto-Repay function enabled, the system will scan the account per 30 minutes and repay the borrowing tokens if there are available tokens in the account.
4.2 Repay manually
Kindly refer to How to repay.
Margin trade refers to the practice of borrowing funds with a relatively lower amount of capital to trade financial assets and obtain bigger profits. However, due to market risks, price fluctuations, and other factors, you are strongly recommended to be prudent about your investment actions, adopt an appropriate leverage level for margin trading, and properly stop your losses in a timely manner. KuCoin assumes no responsibility for any losses arising from the trade.