What is the red envelope?
The red envelope is a new function in the APP version. With a red envelope, you can give your cryptocurrency to friends as gifts, and the one who gets a red envelope will receive the cryptocurrency for free. You may find a red envelope on your APP Assets page:
How to send a red envelope?
1. Tap red envelope icon, select a token:
KCS, USDT, BTC and other 10+ kinds of cryptocurrencies are supported in KuCoin red envelope.
2. Input Amount or Quantity
You can either input the amount of the token or the fiat valume.
3. Choose the type of Red Envelope distribution
Red Envelope of Random: The amount for each red envelope is generated randomly.
Red Envelope of Fixed Amount: The amount for each red envelope is a fixed number.
4. Input No. of red Envelope *(1-2000), and Nickname, Greetings are optional. If you just want the new users to get the envelope, please check "only for new users", and then click" Send now".
Note: new users are those who have not registered in KuCoin, when they click"open" the envelope, they are required to register in KuCoin to get the envelope.
5. Choose a payment method (Main account or Trading account), and input your Trading Password.
6. The link for the red envelope has been created. Share the link with the password with your friend. They can copy the content and open the KuCoin app, which will then detect the text on their clipboard and give them their gifts.
How to get a red envelope?
When someone is sending a red envelope, you will get a link from him/her as below:
By copying all text on your phone the app will read the clipboard and will automatically detect if the right code has been copied.
- The assets of the red envelope will be frozen once the link generates, and if red envelopes are not claimed within 24hrs, they will be returned to the sender's account.
- You can access your “Archives” to check your red envelope history.
- The red envelope function is realized in the newest APP version. If you are not able to find it on your APP, please wait patiently for the upgrading.