Security is one of KuCoin's top concerns. Since there are a lot of transactions taking place on the platform every day, KuCoin has introduced a trading password feature to ensure better account and assets protection.
A trading password is a 6-digit number you set and it is used for withdrawal, API verification, and trading. This article shows you the steps for how to set, change, or reset a KuCoin trading password.
1. How to Set a Trading Password
Log in to your KuCoin account. Click the avatar on the upper-right corner and select Account Security in the drop-down menu.
Select Trading Password – Set, and complete the verification. Input a trading password (6-digit number) and confirm it.
- The trading password accepts numbers only, please do not input any letter or character.
- Both the trading password and the Google 2FA code are 6-digit numbers, but please note that the trading password is set by you while the 2FA code is a dynamic code that is randomly generated by Google.
2. How to Change the Trading Password
If you want to change your trading password, you can find the Change button in the Trading Password section in Security Settings.
Please enter your current trading password and set a new one.
- To ensure your account security, the withdrawal services on KuCoin and P2P Fiat Trade selling service will be temporarily closed for 24 hours after the trading password has been changed.
- The new trading password will be valid immediately upon a successful change.
3. How to Reset the Trading Password
If you forgot the trading password, please reset it in the account. Go to Account Security, choose Security Settings, find the Change button, then click Forgot Trading Password? to submit the request. Your request will be reviewed in 1–3 business days.
- Please upload the requested ID information so that we can help reset your trading password.
- To ensure your account security, the withdrawal services on KuCoin and P2P Fiat Trade selling service will be temporarily closed for 24 hours after the trading password has been reset.
- The trading password will be reset immediately after approval.