To provide a pleasant user experience on KuCoin Exchange (the “Exchange”), the Exchange has set the special treatment rules (“Rules”).
“Special Treatment”(“ST”) is for projects at risk of being delisted and they will be under mandatory review over a specified period of time. The project moved to “Special Treatment” is designated as a Special Treatment project, facing the risk of being delisted after the observation period. Projects in case of any of the following situations (“Negative Situations”) will be designated as Special Treatment projects or be delisted:
- The project applies to be delisted from KuCoin.
- The project with low liquidity for a certain period of time.
- The project’s technology has a security issue.
- The project ceases or is likely to cease its operation or business activities.
- The project stops or is likely to stop its operations.
- The team may be at risk of being disbanded.
- The project is insolvent or in a step, order or proceeding for liquidation,
bankruptcy and insolvency, or similar is taken, made or commenced against, or in relation to the above or any material part of its assets.
- The project is suspected of malicious attempts or behaviours of any types.
- The project or its team members (including but not limited to founders)
or consultants are under investigation for a suspected breach of or is convicted for an actual breach of any applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
- The project carries out market misconduct such as wash trading, market manipulation or insider trading.
- The project is regarded with high risk according to the audit, the legal and the technical teams of KuCoin.
- The project fails to inform KuCoin of its material changes on its development, team members, listed entities, and other information as required within the specified period.
- Any other situations KuCoin may deem risky for its users or the platform.
Once designated as “Special Treatment” by the Exchange, as a warning, there will be a special designation on the Project’s ticker symbol during a certain observation period. Special Treatment is a warning of potential delisting. The ST Project shall be subject to close observation and scrutiny during the observation period.
The Exchange may delist the ST Project if the Project fails to meet the basic liquidity requirements by the end of the observation period. Correspondingly, if the basic liquidity is improved and exceeds the requirement threshold by the end of the observation period, the ST ticker symbol will be removed.
The Exchange may, during the observation period, decide to delist the ST Project if the Exchange believes the ST Project fails to take necessary actions to remedy the Negative Situation. Nevertheless, the Exchange reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to immediately delist the ST Project if the Exchange believes circumstances warrant so.
Upon being delisted by the Exchange, any trade or deposit of the Project will be suspended. A new approval and listing procedure shall be carried out in case the delisted Project wants to be listed to the Exchange again. The Exchange reserves the right to modify any term of these Rules without prior notice. Shall you have any inquiry, please contact the account manager.