To provide a better user experience on KuCoin Exchange (the “Exchange”), the Exchange has set the special treatment rules (“Rules”).
“Special Treatment” (“ST”) is for projects at risk of being delisted, and they will be under mandatory review over a specified period of time. The project moved to “Special Treatment” is designated as a Special Treatment project, facing the risk of being delisted after the observation period. Projects that are in the following situations (“Negative Situations”) will be designated as Special Treatment projects or be delisted:
- The project applies to be delisted from KuCoin.
- The project with low liquidity for a certain period of time.
- The project’s technology has a security issue.
- The project ceases or is likely to end its operation or business activities.
- The project stops or is likely to stop its operations.
- The team may be at risk of being disbanded.
- The project is on the verge of insolvency, order, or proceeding for liquidation, bankruptcy, or similar is taken, made or commenced against, or in relation to the above or any material part of its assets.
- The project is suspected of malicious attempts or behaviors of any type.
- The project or its team members (including but not limited to founders) or consultants are under investigation for a suspected breach of or are convicted for an actual violation of any applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- The project carries out market misconduct such as wash trading, market manipulation, or insider trading.
- The project is regarded as high risk according to the audit, the legal, and the technical teams of KuCoin.
- The project fails to inform KuCoin of its material changes on its development, team members, listed entities, and other information as required within the specified period.
- Any other situations KuCoin may deem risky for its users or the platform.
Once designated as “Special Treatment” by the Exchange, as a warning, there will be a special designation on the Project’s ticker symbol during a certain observation period. Special Treatment is a warning of potential delisting. The ST Project shall be subject to close observation and scrutiny during the observation period.
The Exchange may delist the ST Project if the Project fails to meet the basic liquidity requirements by the end of the observation period. Correspondingly, if the basic liquidity is improved and exceeds the requirement threshold by the end of the observation period, the ST ticker symbol will be removed.
During the observation period, the Exchange may decide to delist the ST Project if the Exchange believes the ST Project fails to take necessary actions to remedy the Negative Situation. Nevertheless, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, the Exchange reserves the right to immediately delist the ST Project if the Exchange believes circumstances warrant so.
Upon being delisted by the Exchange, any trade or deposit of the Project will be suspended. A new approval and listing procedure shall be carried out in case the delisted Project wants to be listed on the Exchange again. The Exchange reserves the right to modify any term of these Rules without prior notice. Shall you have any inquiries, please contact the account manager.